fuzzy chicken math

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by suzyq53511, May 16, 2010.

1. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    how do I explain fuzzy chicken math to my mom when she comes over tomorrow? she only thought i was getting a few. 3 turned into 9 so far.. I think she is going to be a little annoyed with me. HAHAHA [​IMG]

2. chickensducks&agoose

chickensducks&agoose Chillin' With My Peeps

I have the same problem! Dh has been out of town for a long time, and when he left I had 18 grown up chickens... I pared that down to 8, and then added 20 chicks and 4 ducks and 3 turkeys.. think he'll notice?

3. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I think you should just say... you went to check on them and they multiplied!!! LOL

4. Scubadeaux

Scubadeaux Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    South Louisiana
    This is too funny!! [​IMG] I know how you feel!!

I am living in my parents rent house, and there are critters here they have yet to know about!! [​IMG]
    When I tell them about a "new addition" they just shake their heads...ahhh they don't know what they are missing is what I say!!

But yes, I surely know the feeling!! I just make sure and let them know how genuinely happy caring for all my "critters" makes me!

And my parents and husband are just thrilled about the 10 chicks I just hatched in my incubator [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hope you are able to smooth it over with yours..... [​IMG]

5. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    I have this new chicken math at my house too. Oh well the more the merrier.[​IMG] [​IMG]

6. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    My mom helps me take care of the house and kids. Its really hard for one person. Maybe i'm just a little lazy!!!! [​IMG] I told her when I got the house that I would probably fill it with animals!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I have over an acre. Maybe a goat will appear or a sheep. HAHAHAHA

7. bturbo87

bturbo87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    south
    yep yep yep, started with the two that came with the house, then picked up 3 bantums and 2 bar rocks at the feed store while getting the stuff for the chickens. then picked up 2 pro reds and 2 golden comets the next friday while getting stuff for the chicks we picked up on monday. then 2 weeks later i got dragged to a farm an hour away to look at bantum cochin chicks, and ended up coming home with 2 dominiques and 3 cornish because the cochicns hadnt hatched yet....now im really worried about what ill be coming home with when the cochins do hatch

8. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Is there a 12 step program for chicken addiction?!?!?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by