Fuzzy Phobia

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mr chicken dude, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Mr chicken dude

Mr chicken dude Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    VA
    Went to the County fair last night.....They had a poultry building...With chickens...And baby chicks....I like baby chickens...It probably wasn't a good idea to let myself in the poultry building...Because now I wants a fuzzy butt.

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    That's why I plan to hatch some out for selling at our county fair in Septemeber [​IMG]

3. Mr chicken dude

Nov 7, 2009
    VA
    Quote:Don't tell me they sell them...When they're small and fuzzy....That's good I didn't see fuzzys for sale....That could have been bad.

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:[​IMG] This is how the addiction begins...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  5. Mr chicken dude

Nov 7, 2009
    VA
    Quote:[​IMG] This is how the addiction begins...

I'm already addicted.....That doesn't mean I can addict myself more.

6. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:Don't tell me they sell them...When they're small and fuzzy....That's good I didn't see fuzzys for sale....That could have been bad.

Our fair has a poultry barn where they house the show birds. There are areas set aside where people can sell birds as well. I've never sold any there before, but thought I'd give it a shot this year.

On the bad side (for a fuzzy addict), the birds at the county fair are priced a bit high. There's a fee for selling there that raises $ for the 4-H kids. So prices are for the bird + fee. And the bird prices are about 10-20% higher than you see at the usual trades & sales already, before the fee is added!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by