G2 Gatorade?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Echo5, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Echo5

Echo5 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2012
    I've heard some people use gatorade when they first get chicks and ducklings to give them a kick off for their immune system. G2 is another form of gatorade except a LOT more watered down really good for giving electrolytes, its really refreshing but not as strong tasting as gatorade or powerade. I was wondering if it would be fine to use?
    Im really trying to give my chicks and ducklings a good start to their life![​IMG]
    Thanks~Newbie

2. Den in Penn

Den in Penn Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2011
    SE Pa.
    Go to the feed store and ask what vitamins they have for chickens. The Gatorade doesn't do much to boost immunity. The boost comes from the vitamins.

1 person likes this.
  3. SmokinChick

SmokinChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Kingsville, MD
    Murray McMurray hatchery recommends 3 Tablespoon of sugar per quart for the first 2-3 days. This helps the chicks deal with stress from shipping and new surroundings. Their water needs to be cleaned and changed daily when giving any type of additive, funk will grow!
    No need to get fancy, but there are chick specific products that would be better then a sports drink for humans.

1 person likes this.
  4. enel 1

enel 1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    eastern washington
    i just bought some electrolyte/vitamins for my chicks water at the feed store,it was only a couple bucks for enough to do 25gal. 25gal of Gatorade would cost around 200 bucks. Not to mention that its designed for humans

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by