GA - Egyptian Fayoumi (trade for bantams?)

TwistedTayy

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Douglasville, GA
All are 16 weeks. 2 Egyptian Fayoumi Roosters available. There are also 3 hens but I’d like to keep at least one. Quick to mature. Great for free ranging and hot weather. Roosters both gentlemanly despite sharing 3 hens. One too has yellow legs which I think is a fault but the other has slate, HATCHERY QUALITY. Hens should start laying any day now. Was going to try to mix breed them with something else (still why I want to keep one hen) but I fell in love with the d’uccles we got and want more like that. Looking to trade for friendlier bantam breeds (d’uccles, d’anvers, nankin, etc… not silkies), adults or juveniles only… no chicks. PM with offers. Douglasville, GA.

C940728E-CA9B-4531-A6D8-E72B7A6710B3.jpeg
515F4733-A1DD-45DB-93F8-968FEDA8A0C6.jpeg

66DADCC4-A78E-4A11-A665-50586A823B99.jpeg

The-White-Elephant

Crossing the Road
Nov 3, 2021
Spring Lake, NC
Just a thought, but we bought 3-5 in around March (chicks), but they all died around 3 days later. Is it because they were sick? They didn’t look sick at the store. Is it because of the medicated chick starter? Did they need non-medicated?

TwistedTayy

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Douglasville, GA
I had mine on waterfowl starter for the first month or so until I moved them outside then put them on medicated once outside. Had no issues ever. Fayoumi are very hardy and known for being disease resistant HOWEVER they’re not cold tolerant so maybe where you are it was too cold or they were too stressed. They are also flighty even as chicks so maybe stress from over handling? I rarely handled mine but made a point of making sure they were used to me being around. They’ll walk around me if I’m standing still but if I go towards them they scatter. Lol I don’t need to be friends with them but my SO has decided he wants chicken friends.

The-White-Elephant

Crossing the Road
Nov 3, 2021
Spring Lake, NC
I had mine on waterfowl starter for the first month or so until I moved them outside then put them on medicated once outside. Had no issues ever. Fayoumi are very hardy and known for being disease resistant HOWEVER they’re not cold tolerant so maybe where you are it was too cold or they were too stressed. They are also flighty even as chicks so maybe stress from over handling? I rarely handled mine but made a point of making sure they were used to me being around. They’ll walk around me if I’m standing still but if I go towards them they scatter. Lol I don’t need to be friends with them but my SO has decided he wants chicken friends.
We kept the indoors, and we didn’t handle them too much. Barely actually. We thought it was the medicated feed, I guess I’ll try the non-medicated feed next time

TwistedTayy

Songster
Apr 30, 2021
Douglasville, GA
We kept the indoors, and we didn’t handle them too much. Barely actually. We thought it was the medicated feed, I guess I’ll try the non-medicated feed next time
I know they are resistant to Mareks but I dont know about Cocci so I dont know if I wouldnt do medicated. I just gave them the waterfowl starter because I had a bunch leftover.

I am a big proponent of hatching eggs so Id maybe try doing that next time.

Top Bottom