gaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (she just squatted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Kesta, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Kesta

Kesta Pie Crust Malfunction

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    i have an ee. my ee is 24 weeks old! she has yet to even squat! i am getting obssessed with her finally laying! in fact im so obsessed about her laying that first non existent egg that i keep dreaming about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like seriousely i keep waking up and dreaming that she layed her first egg and keep thinking that she actually did! [​IMG] i am getting very impatient! some one help please! either a chicken c sectionist or a sphychyatrist for my obsession!!!!!!!!!!!!
    today january 27th my ee squatted! predictions on how long til she gives me an egg!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  2. jab91864

jab91864 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2007
    Northern Michigan
    I feel your pain. It can be maddening. Unfortunately you can't control it.

Best I can offer is to wish you eggs soon!!

Julie [​IMG]

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    My EE didn't start laying til almost 28 weeks. So yours should be getting close.

4. Kesta

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    yeah i know but she hasnt even started squatting yet!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

My EE, June, didn't lay till she was almost 40 weeks old! And I have a splash Ameraucana, well over 40 weeks, who still have yet to lay her first egg. Patience, grasshopper! [​IMG]

6. Kesta

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    patience????????? does not compute. malfunction mmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnccccccccccccccttttttttttttttttiiiiiiiiiioooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn

7. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    I too had 2 LF EE's who didn't start laying til they were 35 weeks or so. Like speckled hen said..... Patience grasshopper [​IMG]

8. Kesta

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    is it possible that a predator attack could slow her maturing? when she was about 16 weeks she was almost killed by a raccoon. she wqas in its mouth when my stepdad went out there and the raccoon dropped her and ran. she got a neck ingery but lived and also was not paralyzed or anything. she bled a little and got a decent sized hole in the back of her neck. could this affect how fast she matures?

9. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Hopefully it will be soon. What part of Houston?
    Maybe tomorrow. I could be just the time of the year that she came into laying age. I've been reading about that. There are threads on here about that subject.

10. Kesta

Jul 31, 2008
    houston tx
    im southeast houston. pasadena actually

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by