Gaaahhh! Rooster crowing match...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Stephine, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Stephine

Stephine Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2016
    Sonoma
    I just listened to en extended crowing match between our planned cockerel and our accidental cockerel - waaahhhh, our poor neighbors!
    The accidental (brahma) roo has just started crowing these last three days and until today we weren't really sure we were hearing two different crows. Now I heard them both crow at the same time. The planned roo (welsumer) got really worked up and crowed at least five more times after the brahma stopped. Makes me think it is a rivalry thing and the Welsumer has always been the top roo.
    I hope this doesn't mean they will start fighting now? So far they have gotten along great. They are 18 weeks old.
    Does anybody want a handsome, respectful buff brahma cockerel?

2. TheKindaFarmGal

TheKindaFarmGal Chicken Obsessed

May 4, 2016
    Somewhere in the Universe
    It is natural for cockerels to fight especially while they are young and working out the pecking order. Once they calm down they shouldn't fight much if at all.

3. beethechicken

beethechicken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2016
    Gahhh yeah my two roosters, who are about 17 weeks now, have crowing matches ALL DAY. They're having one right now and as somebody who isn't a morning person this is not so great.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by