Gabbard Farms??

I would not give them bad feedback just because you didn't have a good hatch. You rarely get good hatches when you ship eggs across the country. Your best bet is to order some eggs from a local breeder thats in a close state to you or find a local breeder that you can drive to and pick up the eggs.

Not if she didn't pack them correctly. Wrapping eggs in kleenex and putting them in cartons really lessen the chances of hatching them out. Won 6 eggs, received 8, only four chicks hatched. One died for unknown reason (too weak), the others had bad SOP, one had genetic problem so I got rid of all of them. Went back to Ideal Hatchery and was very pleased with the birds. I also bought a beautiful roo from her, but was very disappointed that he ended up sterile...no chicks ever since I got him. He was between a year or two old. He is a pretty yard ornament tho. I sold him to a lady that appreciated him along with my Spitz girls.

So like i said, Buyers beware! Some have better luck than others.

Last edited:
So so hatching, not happy with the chicks that grew up that I had to get rid of all of them. Disappointed.

I am sure they are good with common breeds but the rare breeds, its like gambling, you get what you pay for.

What are you looking for? There are some BYC sellers I've had great success with their eggs.

I think silkies, cochins, or salmon faverolles. Im leaning mmostly to silkies though. I live in co springs if that makes a difference on sellers? Id be interested in chicks or started hens too.. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom