Gah! Nightmares about chicks getting killed :/

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by KaitlynChick55, Aug 11, 2011.

1. KaitlynChick55

KaitlynChick55 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    Calumet, UP of MI
    Urgg. [​IMG] ever scince my a hawk got into my chicks' run and took 3 of my chicks (i have put a cover over the run scince, so nothing can get in, at all) which was about a week ago, almost everynight i've been having these very violent dreams of some crazy horrorish creatures getting into the chicks' cage outside and eating all of them, or almost all. [​IMG] There have been a couple that just keep playing over and over when im sleeping. I keep waking up in the middle of the night. I'm 16, and if i told anyof my friends, they'd think i'm crazy. (heck, they don't care when i talk about the chicks or the chickens, they just roll their eyes [​IMG] ) It feels like its eating at me alive, but it's gotta torture me first!
    Anybody else have anything like this happen to them? [​IMG]

2. Jschaaff

Jschaaff Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2011
    New Hampshire
    Hi I am so sorry for what you're going through. I haven't dealt with the nightmares myself, but we've had 30+ chickens slaughtered by coons or some animal in the last two months. After finding 6 more dead yesterday, my daughter came to me in the middle of the night crying, and said she'd been having horrific nightmares about the chickens being killed. What she described was graphic and disturbing, poor baby. Needless to say she slept with me for the rest of the night. Making your birds as secure as possible, for instance covering the top as you have etc, should give you enough piece of mind, that soon the dreams will stop. My daughter is much younger than you, 11, but I always tell her to fall asleep thinking of icecream and butterflies [​IMG]

I learned this trick for remembering my dreams when I was a kid: the second you are awake, repeat the dream outloud, or just run through the whole thing in your mind... and trust me, you will find that hours and days later, you still remember most, if not all of the dream.

In your case, you can try the opposite, so that hopefully you will NOT remember...I mean, it's not perfect...when I do this, I still KNOW I had a bad dream, but I can rarely remember the dream itself.

Before you even open yours eyes...think of something else...in detail ( I do simple algebra problems such as 25 x 3 +14 - (12 x 5) +28 -6) and no matter what, do not allow your mind to drift...focus on that thing (again, for me it's algebra) until your ready to get up and start your day...or able to fall back to sleep.

Good luck and I hope those nightmares stop soon. [​IMG]

-Jessa

3. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    Im so sorry just be warned you will get messages if you ae a minor and say your age I know because it happened to me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by