1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

GAH-they picked the WORST time to PIP? it STORMING here in FL!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mama2B&D&...Chickens, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    OR maybe they are hatched? IDK...momma didnt get up, i couldnt see anything under her but wasn't going to touch her either so i didnt "shrink wrap" any others who had pip'd but she is in the coop its just Really ventilated b/c were in FL and it gets hot but its supposed to flat out ugly storm/tornado watch/sideways rain so i know sometimes la tad rain will get in there AND i can't run to check on them either!? BAH! Are they going to be ok? Will momma keep them under her?

Best case scenario, there just PIP'd and won't "hatch" till the rains over? Yeah? Anyone want to tell me that's possible so i stop flipping the frick out [​IMG]

2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

She will be fine chickens can hatch w/o human help.

The rain going to be around for awhile. Still raining in Jacksonville.

3. Mama2B&D&...Chickens

Mama2B&D&...Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2010
    Plant City, FL.
    thks...part of me "knows" this and the other part of me is still freaking out...it does get a little wet in there after rain but what can u do?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by