Gahhh! Decision...tooo...difficult...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by treldib, Jul 21, 2010.

1. treldib

treldib Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    I can't figure out which color of Silkie I like best. I will be getting a pullet from McMurray in a few weeks (primarily for a pet) and am trying to decide whether to get a Blue, Black, Buff, or White Silkie. They are all equally amazing and I can't make up my mind! Help meh please. Thanks [​IMG]

2. InsaneBreeder

InsaneBreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Kurtistown, Hawaii
    Why don't you get two? Then it can have a companion. If I were you, I would get one buff and one black, but that's just me.

3. treldib

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Quote:We already have a considerable flock of chickens (mostly Lakenvelders) lol and this one is mostly gonna be like an imprinted pet...don't know if that makes any sense but yep [​IMG]

4. treldib

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    I like the Buff's color, but I also like the iridescent shine of the black...and the contrast of the white...and the 'differentness' of the blue
    [​IMG] This is driving me nuts!

5. le neige homme

le neige homme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    If you order a Blue, are you actually going to get a Blue, or any one of Blue, Black, Splash?

6. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I would go for a splash! They are gorgeous.

7. treldib

Jul 5, 2010
    Southern California
    Quote:According to McMurray....a blue...I think. Yes I know about the genetics of blue poultry. I have Swedish Ducks [​IMG]

8. le neige homme

le neige homme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Quote:According to McMurray....a blue...I think. Yes I know about the genetics of blue poultry. I have Swedish Ducks [​IMG]

Excellent! [​IMG]

9. spikennipper

spikennipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Kent, UK.
    I think white silkies look the most elegant out of all the silkie colours, I do like mixed colours such as splash but for a silkie it has to be white for me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by