GAHHHH Would this demon have eaten my chicks?!!!!

dbounds10

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 15, 2011
Fort Worth, Tx
So I went in to the coop this evening to turn my bedding and walked in on this demon from hell! My run is fully enclosed and attached to the coop. Coop is totally solid so it got in the run somehow and just sauntered past my happily scratching 7 week olds and right through the front door! I know it’s just a rat snake but if I hadn’t gone in to clean up they would have been locked in there with it all night! My skin is literally crawling! I have dispatched this demon from which it came!

Attachments

• 9F368392-2312-463F-B199-3CDACB2A5EB3.jpeg
    9F368392-2312-463F-B199-3CDACB2A5EB3.jpeg
    626.9 KB · Views: 11
So I went in to the coop this evening to turn my bedding and walked in on this demon from hell! My run is fully enclosed and attached to the coop. Coop is totally solid so it got in the run somehow and just sauntered past my happily scratching 7 week olds and right through the front door! I know it’s just a rat snake but if I hadn’t gone in to clean up they would have been locked in there with it all night! My skin is literally crawling! I have dispatched this demon from which it came!
Hate when that happens. I had a rat snake in my coop about 2 weeks ago. Scared the c#!p out of me. I dispatched that one as well. Didn’t want it returning. I now have gotten in the habit of disturbing their shavings before putting them up for the night.
You figure out how it could’ve gotten in?
I know it would’ve eaten your eggs if you had any in there. Your chicks? Not sure but possibly if it sees it small enough as food?

So glad you caught it!

Hate when that happens. I had a rat snake in my coop about 2 weeks ago. Scared the c#!p out of me. I dispatched that one as well. Didn’t want it returning. I now have gotten in the habit of disturbing their shavings before putting them up for the night.
You figure out how it could’ve gotten in?
I know it would’ve eaten your eggs if you had any in there. Your chicks? Not sure but possibly if it sees it small enough as food?
Not sure how, gonna check everything tomorrow with a fine tooth comb! I will also be running a rake through every night now. I just happened to think I hadn’t turned the deep bedding in a couple of days. Had my phone in my pocket and called the Hubs to bring me my machete! Not today satan! 😜

Not sure how, gonna check everything tomorrow with a fine tooth comb! I will also be running a rake through every night now. I just happened to think I hadn’t turned the deep bedding in a couple of days. Had my phone in my pocket and called the Hubs to bring me my machete! Not today satan! 😜
Good for you!

Back
Top Bottom