1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gainesboro, Tennessee

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by country freedom, Dec 3, 2010.

1. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok!! [​IMG]
    I'm not going to spout off......!

I have been out-voted 3 outta 4

Arizona - Off the grid property is out! WHY?

Too far - plain and simple.

I have found a place near Gainesboro, Tennessee - 3.5 hours from home.
    I want to know if anyone has knowledge about Gainesboro - Pros/Cons
    Please - *I* need to know about - Tornadoes, Flooding, Crime, Earthquakes

It's on the grid with brand new: washer & dryer, stove, refridgerator, new flooring, inside updated & new paint job - My DFiance' and two youngest children (both teens) love all of this.
    Me (I love this) - 14 acres wooded, 5 acres open, a pond inside wooded acreage.......(but not this) not one piece of this property is fenced. [​IMG]

My DFiance' is absolutely in love with this place - we still need to take a trip down to see the property, though.......... [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  2. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Gainesboro is a very nice town, and there are some very nice people there. I know a few families there. My wife is from Celina, TN which is the next town north from Gainesboro. Most of the people I know from these areas are super friendly people.

I live in Arkansas, born and grew up here. After I married I moved to Celian for a while but missed my old hame place so we moved back here. Sometimes though I wished we had not have moved back here though. But still here, we now have grandchildren so it would be hard to leave now.

Whatever your decision I hope you are happy with it, if it should be Gainesboro I think you'll be happy there.

3. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Maryville, Tennessee
    Country Freedom - post this question in the Tennessee Thread. You might find someone who is close to Gainesboro and could answer your questions. We're a good bunch - but I don't even know where Gainesboro is. I'm in East Tennessee.

4. abhaya

abhaya Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    cookeville, tn
    I live just outside of gainsboro. Basically no crime. The people are very friendly. It is prone to tornatoes but I live in a hollow and never worry about them. There have been 2 tornado warnings this past summer. The closest town of ant size ie walmart resturants is cookeville about 25 miles away.

5. country freedom

country freedom Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ha! I did - but, I thought I had posted in the wrong section, and moved it!
    That's why all you see on my one lil post is a . !

Ok - will do so - - Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by