"Game bird food"

BK79

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 10, 2013
Can anyone tell me if "game bird food" is in crumble or pellet form?
I know a few brands like Purina e.t.c.
do they make a "game bird layer"?

Can I find this in TSC in Canada? or is it available in TSC in the U.S. ????
plz advise

Game Bird Chow from Purina here in SC is in crumble form- I use it to mix with my Layer Crumbles to up protein to prep birds that are getting ready to begin laying....

I buy GameBird starter and GamerBird feed in crumbles. In fact, I've been using it as a chick starter lately as it has been a better "bang for the buck" in cost savings. I like the high protein content. Armada Grains Feeds. A local Michigan company.
I can also feed a Broiler Grower which is 19.5% protein that our local mill grinds as a mash. Great price point on that.

Your local feed store or mill may have some guidance for you. With so many different brands of feed makers, generalities aren't all that helpful, I'm afraid.

I just had the Local F/S order me some Purina Game Bird Chow Startena, 30% protein. I am hoping for chicks soon.

Dan

found 30% protein by Purina game bird food statena non medicated in Canada...
how long do I wait to feed my chicks this?
they are close to 3 weeks old now...I've been giving them chick starter medicated

Aside from being way more protein than a chicken needs, it can be fed. If you are now feeding Chick Starter, start by mixing 25% GB to 75% CS feed for one week, then increase to 50% GB to 50% CS the second week. The 3rd week use 75% GB to 25% CS & then the 4th week can be all Game Bird Starter. The reason is to let their digestive systems get use to the higher Protein GB Starter. This actually should be done anytime you switch feeds

Back
Top Bottom