1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Game bird pen????

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Bryan C, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Bryan C

Bryan C Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2012
    Hi I just made this design using a program on my computer and I wanted to know if this is too small to have a trio of game birds? By game birds I mean game cocks I want to breed these birds because I think they are all beautiful and there is so much variation. I want to know if this is big enough for them to breed and have chicks. One rooster and 2 game hens they will have time to roam the yard I plan on putting them on tethers to be able to run around the yard.[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    6 inches by 4 inches by 4 inches?
    or
    6 feet by 4 feet by 4 feet?

3. maranfarmer563

maranfarmer563 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2014
    northern Pennsylvania
    6'x 4' should work good

4. Bryan C

Nov 28, 2012
    sorry i knew it looked weird. L x W x H (4 ft x 4 ft x 6 ft) is that big enough for 3 birds?

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Did you change the drawing from " to '....or was I just blind before?
    Yes, I would think so....Tho 4 x 6 x 4 might be better, more floor space, they can't fly in that small a cage anyway.

6. Bryan C

Nov 28, 2012
    I changed the drawing it did say inches before. I plan on giving them time to just roam around my yard i just wanted to know if i could keep them in that for breeding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by