Game Cameras--what brand?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I am thinking about getting a game camera...but I've been overwhelmed by all of the different brands & options...

What do you use?

Why?

Color or B/W?

Are they are all night time, too?

Do you have any photos to share??

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  2. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I want to know a simple one too. Gloria Jean

3. herfrds

herfrds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2010
    Montana
    The 2 we have are pretty simple. Put in the batteries and the memory card. Set the date, hide it and your in business.

If you want one to take pictures in the dark, but not have the person know that is a $500 camera. I found one at a sporting goods store.

We have a Bushnell and an IR4 I paid $100 for.

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:It's more like I'd like to take pics of what's on our road and around my coops...

5. The Sheriff

The Sheriff Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Northern CA
    I just bought the Bushnell Trophy Camera with Viewscreen, Model # 119455. I got it from Amazon for about $200.00. I had to buy batteries and a memory card but that's it. It is pretty simple to use. I am pleased with the night vision pics and you can't even see the flash. I only caught deer, flying bugs, quail, my own goose and ducks, and possibly a fox on camera so far. I have the setting too sensitive because it takes too many pictures. I plan to reduce the sensitivity and put it out again tonight. You can look at the pictures in the viewer or on your computer. Overall I am pleased with the purchase. I would like to get a glimpse of the bobcat that killed my goose. I know a guy who will camp out here at night and take care of the problem for me.

6. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    I think a few people have bought game cams at walmart for under $100. Moultrie I think they were called.

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Okay....I'll have to check at wal-mart...i found some on ebay and Amazon. I have a $75 Amazon gift card that's burning a hole in my pocket, LOL

8. moetrout

moetrout Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Milan, MI
    +1 more for the Bushnell. Mine takes great pics day and night. I use it scouting for deer and to pattern the the time they show up.

9. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Quote:Yup, that's what I got, and on Ebay, for what I use it for, it's a good buy. I hav eno pics, though, I deleted them all

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Thanks guys!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by