Game Commission Was Called

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by monarc23, Jan 22, 2009.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    for the doe that I saw last night with the two broken front legs.

The secritary said she'd *MAYBE* tell the officers about it because if she's not down and we don't know where she is theres nothing they can do (which I already knew).

I went up in the woods and looked for her, she cleared a 3 ft tall log easily....and she bedded twice....then she left our property and went across the roads into the woods (i followed her tracks). We told the secritary that they should come back through later on tonight....so we'll see if anything is done.

hopefully now people will realize I am trying, was trying, and still AM trying to help this deer. There was no way anything could be done last night, but maybe now something can be. I will let you guys know what happens.

2. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    [​IMG]

3. PoultryScienceAggie

PoultryScienceAggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2008
    College Station, TX
    I'm sorry that your having to deal with this. [​IMG]

4. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Thanks for the update. Let us know if anything changes. [​IMG]

5. Awww, we know you're trying hun. Don't worry about it.

Hopefully by now she's in deer heaven somewhere.

[​IMG]

6. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    game commission obviously doesnt care. Didnt hear back from them.

I hope she died somewhere too but I doubt it, there was no blood like you'd think you'd see with a car hit deer...im betting she did just fall on the rocky cliffs here like my dad thinks....[​IMG]

7. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I had a similar experience once. There was a huge buck in the ditch next to the road, both back legs were broken BADLY (barely attached at all) but he was still alive and kept struggling to get up. I felt awful for him, and I was worried that he would lurch out into the road and cause a wreck.

So I pulled over and started making calls on my cellphone...animal control, police...they said they would send someone. Various people pulled over to help and one guy called the game wardens. Over an hour went by and nobody showed...then 2 hours and it was dark outside and still nobody came to help.

Finally some guys in a pickup truck stopped to help and one of them offered to go home and get his deer rifle to put the poor thing out of its misery since it was obvious nobody 'official' was going to come help. He came back and did the deed and it was blessedly quick.

It was an awful experience, and I couldn't believe that animal control and the game wardens did not care enough to come do something about it so the deer did not have to suffer and motorists did not have to be in danger. Still makes me mad!

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:That makes me mad too. So does my situation. I'm going to keep an eye out for her, and if she's finnally down and too exgausted to get up I'll be doing the deed that they should be doing for her. [​IMG]

What i dont get is it's illegal to kill them yourself but what do you do when they wont even come out when it's their job to do. I know she's NOT in my yard.....or in our woods, but they could have atleast TRIED to do something.. garh!
    [​IMG]

9. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    Just call and say someone is skinning a deer in the woods, THEN watch the cars roll up! They went THAT-A-WAY, officers![​IMG]

10. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    They are "suposed" to do something. But 99% of the time they dont. Not sure if its because they are short handed, and or just dont care enough to do anything. [​IMG]n But yeah, they should at least send someone out to check it out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by