game hens/pullets for sale.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by DTchickens, Aug 13, 2008.

1. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Ok, so i have 2 pullets caught up now. their about 4-5 months old and i believe... theres about 4-5 of them but i'll have to catch them to find out. now im going to be completely honest and say these just came off the yard, they've been there since they hatched so they are a bit wild. disease free. but will worm and spray them for mites/lice just in case. asking 5 each, for a little bit of info on them... these are not full gamefowl, their 1/16th indian red junglefowl i got from Ideal poultry about 4-5 years ago because my hen got out and i could never catch her again (junglefowls are so smart! lol) Now.

Gamefowl- Great mothers. good foragers. calm if handled a lot. and they will even eat snakes if running loose on the yard (i have about 40 hens runnning loose and haven't seen snakes in.. years.. Besides last year when one crawled into my biddy brooder)

Junglefowls- Smart. amazing foragers. great mothers (we gave 13 biddies to a junglefowl hen and she took them and raised them all, she wanted to take the others we gave her but she couldn't cover them all), great temper. but honestly are a bit crazy, if you can catch them their fine but catching them is the tricky part. will get pictures and post soon

-Daniel

2. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    ok, got pictures of 2 pullets. mom, and one of the brothers ( i think im going to offer the 2 cockerels as well, just 5 for them too i guess) [​IMG] cockerel. [​IMG] Mom. [​IMG] [​IMG]

You'll have to forgive me for the blurry one on the second pullet. but instead of blue legs. she has green legs and is a bit smaller because shes been in a pen her whole life. all of the pullets look just alike, besides some green. and others blue legged. the cockerels are white legged, and i think the little one which stayed in the pen with his mom is yellow legged, couldn't get pictures of him

PS, cockerels look alike besides the big one has red in his neck.

EDIT one more time: also. they look a lot better then in the pictures. its just their skittish of people and i had to get close on them or my phone couldn't take a good picture of them, 2nd pullets blurry because she wouldn't stay still, and my little black OEGB is in the pen with the 2 pullets and he wanted in the picture, (the little one i cant keep her out. i've let her out time after time, and she gets back in.. big one i put her in there so she wont be lonely) big cockerel. well.... hes scared because he started freaking out when i walked up to the pen but calmed down when he noticed i wasn't trying to do anything.. Also forgive me for my dirty coops, been awhile since i messed with chickens since i've been kinda of busy and haven't moved the pens in awhile. which is why their on dirt, usually i move them to fresh grass (about to go do that now). and the cockerel. hasn't been in that pen that pen was actually on its side him and his sister ran into it and i flipped the pen over BUT, the pullet ran out, anyways..

if any questions-please ask

Last edited: Aug 13, 2008
  3. DTchickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by