1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gamebird and aviary netting for hawk deterrent?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by sueiris, Apr 27, 2016.

1. sueiris

sueiris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Southern New Jersey
    I've read that netting will have limited results for hawks, but wanted a bit more feedback if possible. We lost 4 birds to hawks in February and have had them in lock down since them. We've put up some cable wire and were going to put up netting over this, but I was just reading that this might not stop the hawks.

We are interested in something that is a good price but will also keep hawks out. One post mentioned the green/orange plastic fencing? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Our little wyandotte bantams apparently make a nice meal. [​IMG]

Happy Spring!

2. fuzzy8

fuzzy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Escanaba, Mi
    I have been reading on the aviary netting. I plan on putting that on mine next week. There is a company that sells netting in different sizes on eBay and swears that is his some tough stuff.

3. sueiris

sueiris Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2009
    Southern New Jersey
    do you have the link for that?

Thanks,

Susan

4. fuzzy8

fuzzy8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2016
    Escanaba, Mi

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by