ChickChic00

Songster
Sep 10, 2019
I normally feather sex a lot of our chicks that hatch out. I'm right about 80-95% of the time.
What I don't get is that all of my game fowl chicks that hatched in the incubators and I got them from family, all their wings are alternating in the feathers.
All of them are Up and Down. Not a single chick has same length. Does this mean I've got only hens?? I hope not. :hitI love game fowl. They eat less feed and I want them to do their own thing on my property. I need some roosters :lol: or at least one male chick lol. Any help from others are appreciated

Feather sexing is usually most accurate within 24-48 hours, or in my experience it is. You’ll want to catch them right as they bud out and be able to monitor everyone that was hatched off at the same time. Say if you sex a 2 day old while also a 4 day old, you’ll confuse yourself. I tend to quit sexing after 72 hours because everyone will have started protruding to some extent. If you miss the timeframe, there’s always the dangle method some old coots still use😂

Back
Top Bottom