gamefowl

fowlsessed

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 16, 2011
east Tennessee
Are there any gamefowl, oriental or not, that can be freeranged in a flock. Roosters and hens. Without fighting constantly or to the death? I really like the asil, shamo, thai type chickens(the stance, body build and personality)but I don't think they do good in this kind of situation. Any that might do well? Other than the cubalaya and kraienkoppe. Thanks for your answers.

Last edited:
Quote:
I free ranhe my moderns during the summer, jst no more than one cock at a time
wink.png

Yea, that is what I mean. I am going to have them all freerangeing together. All my cocks, all my hens. And they are all going to sleep in the same coop at night. Thanks for your response.

Last edited:
Will modern cocks fight to the death? And are they really fragile? that's what I've read.
Quote:
I free ranhe my moderns during the summer, jst no more than one cock at a time
wink.png

If they are true game fowl there can be only one. They will fight and kill till there is only one or possible none. I raised them for thirty some years and I found people that enjoyed them so put them on country walks. A cock and a few hens. That way more could be free ranged.

it is just another farm of neighbor that will let you keep a few at their place. We referred to them as "walks". I used to raise a couple hundred stags and cocks a year and had plenty of people that would let me drop them off and then pick them up in the fall. There were a lot healthier than the ones raised in pens or on tie cords.

Back
Top Bottom