Gamefowl

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by steven11788, Jul 14, 2008.

1. steven11788

steven11788 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2008
    hickory Nc
    [​IMG] Does anybody on here raise them, and enjoy them.. not talking about fighting them, but to raise breeds and cross to make better and more prettier birds, I jsut wanted to know, not advocating anyhing just wanting to know if anyone else enjoys raisng them and handling them.

2. steven11788

Jun 13, 2008
    hickory Nc
    come on..no-one, i feal bad now.lol [​IMG]

3. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    I have oriental gamefowl, but no american game (one of these days... [​IMG] ) [​IMG]

I love them, I love their personalities, their looks, and they are so freaking intelligent! [​IMG]

4. CUDA

CUDA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2008
    Michigan
    I do, I raise American, and Oriental Games, and along with breeding to standard, I breed for gameness as well. With all the law changes, these type of birds will get rarer, and rarer, and I would like to do my part to preserve all the factors that make a true game chicken what it should be...game!

5. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    AR
    I have a grey rooster that I am crossing with my laying hens and some banties. The crosses are really unique. I have a beautiful pullet with some red lacing. She is really pretty. I was raise around the game roosters and just really enjoy them.

6. steven11788

Jun 13, 2008
    hickory Nc
    yes, finally, was starting to feel awful, im glad sombody agrees.

7. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    No man, there are a LOT of people who raise them. Most are not real big on the whole "feel- good, chickens are pets" idea, though. Thats probably why you dont see too much of them here. This group favors the 'yard confetti' sort of chicken.
    Some of my good friends raise them around here.

Nowadays, though, the game fowl community speaks plenty of Spanish. SO there is a little something for you to add to your pipe.

8. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    I have my Key West game mixes.I LOVE the color varieties of the roos but as we all know, keeping more than one roo in the same pen is an accident waiting to happen! So I have only 1,red with a little gray. He's nit even that pretty, he's just one of my first ones I brought back with me and he has a great personality and loves his 4 girls! I had a beautiful BBR but the door between the pens got unlatched and the younger BBR was no match for Smokey. I wasn't home so I didn't hear the fight. [​IMG]

9. steven11788

Jun 13, 2008
    hickory Nc
    yea, that hapens, have you been to keywest.. they let there fowl, run around the plazas and shops really somthing to see, beautiful birds everywhere. im serious chickens have entrances like people

10. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:I used to live there. Youre right.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by