Gamefowl

steven11788

Songster
11 Years
Jun 13, 2008
hickory Nc
big_smile.png
Does anybody on here raise them, and enjoy them.. not talking about fighting them, but to raise breeds and cross to make better and more prettier birds, I jsut wanted to know, not advocating anyhing just wanting to know if anyone else enjoys raisng them and handling them.

I do, I raise American, and Oriental Games, and along with breeding to standard, I breed for gameness as well. With all the law changes, these type of birds will get rarer, and rarer, and I would like to do my part to preserve all the factors that make a true game chicken what it should be...game!

I have a grey rooster that I am crossing with my laying hens and some banties. The crosses are really unique. I have a beautiful pullet with some red lacing. She is really pretty. I was raise around the game roosters and just really enjoy them.

No man, there are a LOT of people who raise them. Most are not real big on the whole "feel- good, chickens are pets" idea, though. Thats probably why you dont see too much of them here. This group favors the 'yard confetti' sort of chicken.
Some of my good friends raise them around here.

Nowadays, though, the game fowl community speaks plenty of Spanish. SO there is a little something for you to add to your pipe.

I have my Key West game mixes.I LOVE the color varieties of the roos but as we all know, keeping more than one roo in the same pen is an accident waiting to happen! So I have only 1,red with a little gray. He's nit even that pretty, he's just one of my first ones I brought back with me and he has a great personality and loves his 4 girls! I had a beautiful BBR but the door between the pens got unlatched and the younger BBR was no match for Smokey. I wasn't home so I didn't hear the fight.
sad.png

yea, that hapens, have you been to keywest.. they let there fowl, run around the plazas and shops really somthing to see, beautiful birds everywhere. im serious chickens have entrances like people

Back
Top Bottom