Ganna hatch....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by stephanie1992, Sep 21, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

ordered some eggs, ganna put them in incubator

breeds i orderd

6 buff barred bantam cochin eggs
    7 blue silkie eggs
    10 Frizzle Bantam cochin eggs
    6 sizzle silkie eggs

Do any of these need special care when they hatch? will they be fine in the same brooder? any other info...

2. franh

franh Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    Hello

Wow hopefully you'll end up with some really beautiful chicks [​IMG]

No you should be fine with them all together in the same brooder, especially as they are all bantams.

Good luck with the hatching, pics would be fab

3. stephanie1992

ill post pics of the eggs as soon as i get them and then as soon as they hatch [​IMG]

4. stephanie1992

Got first batch of eggs today. There the Buff Barred bantam Cochins. orderd 6 eggs and got 8. None broken or messeded up. all in good shape. Packed very well. came in a large box with lots of paper. then the eggs were in a egg carton and each egg was wraped indavigaly wit bubble wrap.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. franh

franh Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2011
    Stroud, UK
    So exciting when you put them in, then you have the rubbish wait for 3 weeks [​IMG]

Am really jealous we're coming into autumn over here in the UK and its far too cold to think about hatching chicks, even if my wyandottes disagree with me! I love hatching week and start checking a listening for the peeping from about day 17!!

I've bought a lemon cuckoo Cochin bantam roo to breed with next year and cant wait till the spring [​IMG]

Please lets us know how your hatching goes, fingers crossed for you

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by