Gapeworm treatment

Naolove

Chirping
Mar 12, 2021
Hi everyone! So I have a hen that started gasping and whistling for air last night, contacted a vet over the phone and he told me to start her on gapeworm treatment. She's one safeguard equine fenbendazole 10% as of last night. But I was wondering how fast most people see improvement if that's what it is? She is not eating or drinking just resting and gasping for air, not lethargic at all very spunky if I need to catch her. I don't have any vets in my area to examine her but this guy seemed fully convinced that was the only thing it could be.

I feel like she ate something that is stuck because she was fine when I went inside to grab a drink and when I came back out to finish with a project she was like this

Gapeworm is very rare, but respiratory diseases and viruses are not. What is your general location? Do you have SafeGuard liquid goat wormer in your area feed stores? Dosage is 0.25 ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 consecutive days to treat gapeworm. Are you seeing any bubbles or foam in either eye, nasal drainage or dirty nostrils? Do you hear noisy breathing or gasping? Videos posted on YouTube or Vimeo with a link here can be helpful.

Gapeworm is very rare, but respiratory diseases and viruses are not. What is your general location? Do you have SafeGuard liquid goat wormer in your area feed stores? Dosage is 0.25 ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 consecutive days to treat gapeworm. Are you seeing any bubbles or foam in either eye, nasal drainage or dirty nostrils? Do you hear noisy breathing or gasping? Videos posted on YouTube or Vimeo with a link here can be helpful.

We don't have any close to us that's why we are using the equine one but it looks to have the same ingredients and amounts when compared online. No eye drainage or swelling just a gasp when she breathes. It's more intense when she is handled and calms down when she is down and by herself. I looked in her mouth for anything visible that's lodged or ulcers but didn't see anything. She does seem slightly better today. The gasping doesn't seem as extreme as it did before her dosage

Back
Top Bottom