1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Garden 2010 --Pic Heavy

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sparkles2307, Jun 8, 2010.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Just thought I'd share the pics from last night.

Baby tomato plants
    [​IMG]

Pea trellises
    [​IMG]

Red Head Lettuce
    [​IMG]

Baby Gooseberries
    [​IMG]

One of my Peonies
    [​IMG]

2. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Gosh, so when are you going to plant your garden and grow something?! WOW!

3. sparkles2307

LOL I loves my garden. I just noticed all the weeds in the tomato shot... it had rained a few hours before and I guess the sun made the weeds grown more than I thought! I know what I'll be doing tonight!

4. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Great garden!! Mine is a combination of vegetables....and weeds.[​IMG] Yours is so tidy, I bet it takes a ton of work to keep it that way.
    I lose the battle every year,lol.

5. sparkles2307

I'm pretty sure I'm the laziest gardener in the universe. We just have good soil. DH did most of the work last year, and this year its a lot less maintenance since we got it so cleaned up last year. I love the hand cultivator for weeding, it makes for light work. I dont like marking out rows, I free-form plant it. Drives DH crazy, but I am an artist and I like to express myself in my garden...

6. Quote:It's not hard if you take precautions, in the fall I will either do in bed composting and cover my bed with black plastic to help "cook" the seeds to death or I'll just garden all year round (perks of living in a zone 9). Mostly I weed almost every week, as I see them come up while I'm out watering I just pluck them right on out. Way easier than doing a HUGE job and getting over whelmed! Plus I LOVE using those weeds to make compost.

7. sparkles2307

We dont have a weeding "schedule" so much as the garden is right where we grill so I am staring at it while I cook, so in between turning meat I tend to grab a weed here or rake a row there and it stays pretty well under controll.

8. No way, that's not your garden. You said one time before it snows until July up there! lol

Looks good though, ours is sooooooooooooo weedy right now.

Steve

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Yeah, my parents use a black tarp, which is what "I" need to do! I weed and weed and think they sprout the minute I have my back turned.[​IMG] [​IMG]

10. sparkles2307

Heres another baby tomato plant shot...
    [​IMG]

And another Peony shot
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by