Garden decorations - swap ideas (showing off totally acceptable!)

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Going Bhonkers, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    This thread is for exchanging ideas / sharing pictures of your garden decorations, either store bought or do-it-yourself that offer nice, unique or [insert your adjective here] additions to your garden.

* Don't forget to include a source where necessary [​IMG]

I'm going to add some stock photos I found online to jump start the party (until the weather clears up & I can add pics from my backyard)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3rd image from http://www.lushome.com/painted-rocks-artistic-yard-garden-designs-40-cute-rockpainting-ideas/77678

2. Going Bhonkers

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
  3. cmcanallen

cmcanallen Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2012
    Tyler, TX
    I love dragonflies. My husband takes away my creditcard when we go to Atwoods because they have the greatest dragonfly garden decorations ever. Unfortunately, they're too out of my budget. I would love some ideas on homemade decorations.

4. Going Bhonkers

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  5. kian

kian Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancaster, CA
    I love garden decorations, but so far don't have anything, other than a big Chinese Foo dog statue.... but he's not currently in the garden. Have to find the right spot here and then I'll post a photo. I love dragonflies too, and always think birdbaths look so pretty with the garden. Right now, my garden is just 8 4'x4' boxes, 6 painted barn red (my coop matches). The other two are awaiting their paint job.

6. SFHomestead

SFHomestead New Egg

Feb 12, 2013
    Southern Michigan
    [​IMG]
    I want these

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

I HAVE to find those!

8. kian

kian Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancaster, CA
    x2 Those are awesome!

9. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

10. Going Bhonkers

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    A windchime I made using a drain catcher, nylon string/ thread, some beads, and a random metal pipe (cut to different lengths) [​IMG]
    Since the pipe pieces are kind of heavy, it has to be really windy for it to move. heh. well, at least it looks nice hanging from a tree.
    [​IMG]

(Also, to explain the background, we recently had a cold snap in S Florida & had to cover our trees.) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by