1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Garden defense owl? Anyone heard of that

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FoodKillah, Jan 6, 2011.

1. FoodKillah

FoodKillah Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Mediterranean Sea
    I saw it in this video and i think its fun. [​IMG]

It seems to be a plastic owl looking ornament that makes some birds aggrassive and want to chase it away.
    Would that keep other birds away in most cases? Arent the birds more clever than that?

If anyone has one i would love to hear more about it

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I bought one like that a few years ago. As soon as I put it up, the Sparrows used it for their playground. Scary, huh?

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

We have one and it keeps the hawks away. Not the sparrows though.

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    I heard you can use them for squirrels but I don't know if they actually work...

5. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Doesn't keep hawks or squirrells away here and we even used to move it around all the time. Now it just sits on top of the coop like a weather vane. [​IMG]

6. maple

maple Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Birds are funny.

So was one of the comments about that video "I can't believe you think bird droppings on your furniture is so big a problem you had to resort to aggrivating wild birds.

They were here before you, sunshine, so don't be so arrogant as to presume that you can terrorise birds simply because your chair gets a spot. Cover the furniture if it's such a problem for god's sake.

That is pathetic."

heh heh heh...weirdo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by