Garden is started...anyone else's underway?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by SamG347, Apr 23, 2008.

1. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Well my Vegetable garden has begun. Anyone elses? So far here is what I have planted this year...

Cabbage
    Peas
    Lettuce
    Carrots
    Onion
    2 Red Raspberry bushes(will be planted saturday)
    2 Black Berry bushes( from Helmstead)

And here is what is still needed to be planted...

Cucumber
    Watermelon
    Canteloupe
    Tomato(already started in greenhouse)
    Pepper(already started in greenhouse)
    Eggplant(already started in greenhouse)

I also have 2 Blue berry bushes that are now I think 3-4 years old. I will get some pics once I have everything planted and the paths mulched.
    [​IMG]

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    We have got:
    peas,lettuce, beets, radishes, carrots, squash, mesclun, and spinich in. We already have blueberries, rasberries, and strawberries.

In the next week or so I need to get in: Beans, Sunflowers, lemon cukes, and nastursiums.

On mothers day: Tomatoes, egg plants, herbs, peppers, and zuchini go in.

Happy Gardening,
    Henry

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  3. sunnychooks

sunnychooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I have eggplant and peppers started in my kitchen, but need to get going on raised beds if I want to get everything in the ground in time! I'm also planting lettuce, peas and zucchini. All the seeds are from Baker Creek. They sell only heirloom seeds and there was a nice story about them in Hobby Farms Magazine, so I thought I'd give their seeds a try. BTW, I'm a gardening newbie, so wish me luck!!! [​IMG]

4. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

last night I did a lot of different types of lettuce and Aunt Ruby's Green Tomatoes, giant pansy's, marigold's, and basil. Tomorrow night its more red tomatoes, lemon basil, chives & purple mustard. Sometime after the snow melts, its rhubarb!

5. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Trying hard here! My garden should be great once I can get it in the ground. [​IMG] Just waiting for a little help here! I'll just envy everyone else for now! [​IMG]

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    This mornings plantings were...

Lettuce
    peas
    onions

and red potatoes...

7. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

NO!!! [​IMG]

We got SNOW on Saturday, here are the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But it SORT of melted...and this morning--it was SNOWING AGAIN! [​IMG]

I probably won't be able to plant until JUNE at this rate! [​IMG]

8. ChickenSquat

ChickenSquat Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2007
    Social Circle,Ga
    Planted corn,green beans, purple hull peas, cukes,squash,yellow and zuccini, yellow and green bell peppers, tomatoes,and beets last friday. some of it is popping through the ground today.

9. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    great thread! I just planted beans today b/c they are overgrowing inside (I started everything indoors this year). I am nervous 'cause i'm not sure i'm past the "the last frost." glad to know others are planting too...i like seeing where you're all from and trying to figure out if I'm too far north to be planting this early. I think I'll put the first round of radishes out tomorrow.

10. Ga Chicken Mom

Ga Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    In the ground and growing well - for the chickies -spinach, kale, mustard greens and dandilion greens. Transpanted outside this week - tomatoes and squash. Just sown this week - green beans, peas, assorted Japanese greens, and carrots. Also put in an asparagus bed and the blueberry, raspberry and strawberries are looking good. Make sure you check out TheEasyGarden - lots of BYC people there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by