Garden Seeds - Any Interest? Central Texas

Broke Down Ranch

Songster
12 Years
Apr 18, 2007
Texas
I have (or will have) a variety of seeds from my well-endowed garden ranging from cantaloupe to tomatillos. Some are hybrids, many are heirlooms. If there is any interest I can post a list of what's a-growin'....

ETA: Aw heck, I'll just make it easy and list what I have
The ones marked with (H) are the heirlooms.....

Tomatoes
Brandywine (H)
Rutgers (H)
Homestead (H)
Beefsteak (H)
Golden Jubilee (H)
Sweet 100 (my daughter calls these "poppers")
Super Fantastic
Early Girl

Tomatillos
Verde (green)
Purple

Peppers
California Wonder Bell (H)
Big Dipper Bell
Red Beauty Bell
Corno Di Toro (Italian sweet pepper) (H)
TAM Jalapeno
Early Jalapeno (H)
NuMex Big Jim Green Chile (mild to medium hot)
NuMex Sandia Green Chile (hot)
Poblano (H)
Habanero "Hottie"
Habanero (H)
Serrano Tampequino (H)

Cucumbers
Straight 8 Slicing (H)
National Pickling (H)

Okra
Clemson Spineless (H)

Cantaloupe
Pecos (IMHO the very best to be found) (H)

Green Beans
Stringless Contender Bush

There may also be some beet seeds later on if I can stand to let some go to seed....lol

Last edited:

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
I would very much be interested in some heirloom tomatoes and peppers! It wouldnt really matter what kind, just keep me on the list.

txredneckmedic

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
I will say this...if you want cantaloupe....go with the Pecos seeds. I actually live in pecos and due to the lack of workers and high gas prices were gonna have a very small crop again this year. They are always very sweet and juicy....almost like candy

Broke Down Ranch

Songster
12 Years
Apr 18, 2007
Texas
My mother was always very VERY picky with her cantaloupe. The Pecos variety may not be giant like Hale's Best but the flavor doesn't even compare! AND, the plants I have going right now were started from seeds my mother saved from her best tasting cantaloupes over 8 YEARS ago! She passed away Dec 2007 so I was happy to find seeds from her that survived our housefire and absolutely THRILLED they actually grew.....lol.

Last edited:

Broke Down Ranch

Songster
12 Years
Apr 18, 2007
Texas
Quote:Dunno yet....lol. They are putting on like crazy but so far they are still small. Glad to see I'm not the only tomatillo lover here. Can't wait to try the purple and think the purple will make some awesome green chile salsa....

Bluemoon420

The Rooster Queen
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Livingston County, MI
I would love both tomatillos! And some cantelope, numex big jim green chile

I have some japanese tomoatoes, and some purple cherokee this year. So far, so good with those plants.

Bluemoon

Top Bottom