Garlic mosquito spray recipe

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by shawnkfl, Jun 20, 2009.

1. shawnkfl

shawnkfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    christiansburg, VA
    Does anyone know what the ingredients are to make your own yard spray for mosquitos using garlic and peppers? I know I saw a recipe somewhere but now I can't find it.

2. tackyrama

tackyrama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Minnesota USA
  3. OutdoorFun4

OutdoorFun4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Southern Maine
    No... but Rachael Ray says it's Yummo!

4. shawnkfl

shawnkfl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    christiansburg, VA
    i couldn't find the one i was looking for, so here's what i tried. 4 garlic cloves and a hot pepper. put those in a blender with 1 cup of vegetable oil and 1 cup of water. blended really fine (my blender has a liquify button). then i strained it through a fine strainer. that made my concentrate. i used 1/4 cup of that per gallon of water and sprayed my lawn with it with a pump type sprayer. 2 gallons did my 1/2 acre lot. today....NO mosquitos!! before, i couldn't even go to the mailbox without getting bit by a few. now, there aren't any around. i love it. i will probably have to do it once a week or so, but to spend 20 minutes on a weekend will be well worth it! i'll make a bunch of concentrate and just keep in the fridge.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  5. CanadaChicken

CanadaChicken New Egg

Apr 21, 2016
    I realize that this is a very old thread but I'm wondering if you are still using this recipe and if it is effective?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by