1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Garlic powder for feed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by sabinamedved, May 13, 2016.

1. sabinamedved

sabinamedved Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2016
    Spokane, WA
    Please post links to garlic powder brand that you use in you chicken feed. Reading up on all the benefits and I think it would be good for me to add it to their feed, thank you for your help.

2. paneubert

paneubert Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2015
    I don't know what scale you are operating on, but if you want to do this and not spend your life savings buying small jars, I would go with restaurant quantity/size containers. Here is 25 pounds for 40 bucks.

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/regal-bulk-garlic-powder-25-lb/102707700.html

Costco sells garlic powder in smaller jugs, so that might be an option if you only need a pound or two per month or something.

3. sabinamedved

May 6, 2016
    Spokane, WA
    Have you noticed a difference in their health since using garlic powder? Thanks

4. cheequechick

cheequechick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2015
    Indonesia
    I also give garlic powder to my chicken. They are healthy, but TBH... I don't know if it is because of the garlic powder or they are just healthy :)

5. sabinamedved

May 6, 2016
    Spokane, WA
    Where do you get the garlic powder?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by