1. Retvi

Retvi Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    My little bantam pullet farts A LOT! She always has loose to outright runny stool. She also has a pendulous crop.
    Ideas?

2. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    You might want to change feeds and see if that helps. For the runny stool you can try a probotic.i use both probios probotic and switch it up with pro vita. The pro vita has probotics and vitamins in it. both these are powdered probotics for poultry. they add benifical bacteria to the gut in a larger quanity than they can get from plain yougart. They have several different benifical bacteria that help balance the gut and stool. I use it often but can also be used to stop loose stool.it can be given daily and is safe for chicks. You might try one of these products to help her with her gas and stool problems.probios is a excellent product. Pro vita is good as well.i would give that a try and see if it will clear up her gas and loose stool. hope this helps you out. Best wishes

3. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
  4. Retvi

Retvi Out Of The Brooder

Aug 15, 2010
    Thank you guys so much! I just ordered the ProBio for her. She really does sound like she has indigestion.
    She doesn't have a bad smell coming from her mouth, so I don't think she has sour crop. (At least, not yet!) [​IMG] Hopefully this will prevent it from showing up.
    Again, thanks a million for your advice! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by