Gasping rooster

KaraLs1

In the Brooder
Aug 19, 2021
I have a polish, he has many issues but I have been slowly getting him better. No vets around here see them. Well he was eating yesterday and ate a big bite and is now “gasping” lungs are clear. He doesn’t do it all the time. I don’t see anything in his mouth, under tongue. I’m not sure what else to do.

There could be something stuck down his throat. That's what happened to one of my hens once. (She ate waaay too much dandelion and it got stuck in her throat.) Try massaging his neck. Also, another possibility is that it's really hot over there and he is trying to cool off by panting.

There could be something stuck down his throat. That's what happened to one of my hens once. (She ate waaay too much dandelion and it got stuck in her throat.) Try massaging his neck. Also, another possibility is that it's really hot over there and he is trying to cool off by panting.
He stays in the house. I massaged his throat. He doesn’t always gasp but the majority of the time he is

Another possibilty is gapeworm?
(Basically a type of roundworm that attaches itself to a chicken’s trachea.)
If so, then try a dewormer.

It started after he took a big bite of food, I heard him breathe in while taking the bite so I thought he aspirated

two months ago he got to where he couldn’t walk. But seems to be getting stronger. Mystery polish rooster. He keeps hanging on, I’m glad, best rooster ever. I don’t know what’s wrong. And now the gasping

Back
Top Bottom