Gathering information

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by coffeebean11, Oct 16, 2018.

1. coffeebean11

coffeebean11 Hatching

Oct 14, 2018
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I grew up on a Dairy farm but now live in a suburb with about 4 acres. Growing up we had egg laying chickens and fryers/heavies/freezer (I think that's what they were called!)

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? None

(3) What breeds do you have? None

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Pinterest researching

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Gardening (vegetables, perennials, trees/shrubs), kids activities, knitting and paper crafting/DIY.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. I have 3 cats and a dog and I am a teacher.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D . A friend with chickens recommended it!

2. DobieLover

DobieLover Free Ranging

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! :)
    You need to get yourself some chickens!

3. BlueBaby

BlueBaby Crossing the Road

Mar 21, 2016
    Maricopa, AZ. (near Phoenix)
    Hello, and welcome! I'm a coffee drinker, so of course I like the nic here that you chose! Good luck with finding the breed or breed's of chicken's that you want!

4. alexa009

alexa009 Free Ranging

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens Coffee bean! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: What chicken breeds would you be planning on raising? All chickens serve some kind of purpose if its eggs, meat, dual purpose, show or exhibition. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
  6. FlappyFeathers

FlappyFeathers Crowing

Feb 5, 2018
    Northwest Oregon
    My Coop
    byc1-modern.gif

So when are you gettin chickens? You have plenty of room with 4 acres! Do you want to get both kinds again-layers for eggs and "broilers" for meat? Seems like they're better off being raised separately though since their needs are so different... or you could go with dual purpose breeds. The dual purpose come in so many pretty varieties and they're usually friendlier too.
    Visit the Learning Center to help get you started... good luck!!

7. Pork Pie

Pork Pie Flockwit

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to our community.

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 (there's a guide on how to include your location under your avatar - including your location is very helpful). You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

8. N F C

N F C whaz sup?

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    smiley welcome 5.gif

You'll find quite a few members with the same hobbies as yourself so make yourself at home and enjoy all BYC has to offer!

9. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

10. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Feather & Fur Whisperer

Jun 26, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Hello and welcome to our FUN-omenal Flock! :celebrate I hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: