Gave A hawk a Hose Bath

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by deChickyHen, Sep 27, 2011.

1. deChickyHen

deChickyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2011
    This morning after letting the Chicks out of the coop I was planting some flowers that I ordered before the summer, that just arrives yesterday! all of a sudden my birds got quiet and all I heard was wings flapping. The chicks was flying in and under the coop... I looked up and lawd mercy! this Hawk was huge and was coming down soo quick. As I had the water hose in my hand at the tim, I started to spray, Thank God he didn't get the chick he was after. I am glad that they are still small enough to fly pretty quickly! he was soaked... saw him on the other side of the property shanken the water off... Guess I have to incloe the top of the run now!!

2. user104534

user104534 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2011
    I saw a hawk sitting perched up in the tree in my yard watching my chickens...I grabbed my bb gun and shot it up the butt feathers and it flew off. Honestly I don't care if it's illegal to harass them though I do avoid seriously hurting them. Gotta protect my chickens though. I've heard that some people use bottle rockets to scare them off...sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe I should make a makeshift SAM Battery next to my coop lol.

3. IRChicken

IRChicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2011
    You can't be there all of the time.

4. mrpekinduck

mrpekinduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ducky Land!
    Quote:Thats so cool! And good luck with your hwak problems.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by