Gave my chickens watermelon...and oh my god

sunnydee

Songster
11 Years
Jul 17, 2008
Maine
I am a first time chicken owner and my chicks are 4 wks old. I gave the some cut up pieces of watermelon and they went absolutely crazy. Oh my god...they were so darn cute! Just wanted to share......

They love it
smile.png

Yes...I am having so much fun. Me and the kids get digging in the fridge looking at what we can give them. Tried raw cut up carrots and they didnt care for them at all. Maybe cooked ones next time? I have only had them since Wednesday night and they already come running to the corner of their box when they hear our voices!! Cant wait til my coop is ready for them..will be soooo much fun!

Quote:
Yeah that works better and most of the nutrition is in the green. It fun to
watch them run around with a big piece of rind in their beaks.
smile.png

I did leave the rind on but cut it into little pieces. Was not sure how big and didnt want anyone to get a hard rind stuck! We also gave them some frozen berries tonight before it got dark (was really really hot and humid today) and oh my god...that was even better than the watermelon. So funny to see them steal it from each other!
lol.png

Don't you love it when they have a treat in their beak but then you toss something else so they drop what they have and go after what you've just tossed? Silly birds! Love the keep away game too. You can just see them thinking "MINE MINE MINE!!!"

Back
Top Bottom