Gave my Turkey a whooping

cowdogcadillac

Songster
10 Years
Sep 23, 2009
Had to beat him off me today. Never had one with this kind of attitude before. Every time I turned my back on him he attacked,so I introduced him to Mr Plastic Rake.What do you beat your turkey off you with??

gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif

I love my turkeys.... they only go after the shepherds and border collie... and they dogs aren't actually chasing the turkeys.... they are running through or past them in chase of a ball!

Mine turn and go when I pet their tails though I have 10 males and 2 females..... come on christmas (there goes three!)

I have only ever had one aggressive tom turkey. A royal palm with the best markings you could ever wish for. Nothing worked, I tried nice, tough and more..... nuff said. I sold him to an older guy that knew turkeys and he is still king of the barnyard and still mean as a snake.

Steve

None of my turkeys have attacked me yet.

It's been some time but I used to get an occasional rooster with an attitude problem. If he was one I really wanted to keep I'd use a stout broom. You can wallop the daylights out of big bird with the bushy end without really hurting them. I'd sweep their feet out from under them so they'd fall on their butts. This injures their dignity more than their behinds.

Even then though if I had to do it more than a couple of times he was history. If they went after my kids their first time was their last time.

Quote:
Let's see. Today is Thursday, the 4th of November. Something happens in exactly 3 weeks, something that would permanently change Tom Turkey's disposition.
droolin.gif

Back
Top Bottom