Gave up on my flooded run...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by TeenageRooster's Dad, Mar 15, 2019.

1. TeenageRooster's Dad

TeenageRooster's Dad Songster

Feb 8, 2018
    Wildomar, CA
    We had lots of rain here Sourthern Kalifonia last few weeks.... Plus our septic leech field is leaking. Feel bad for trying to give others advice about drainage earlier just to be in a worse sitch myself lol.

Anyway, the cannabis growing shed (kidding... or am I) is now a nice 12'x12', fully enclosed coop with a sun roof, with hay loft, walk-in laying boxes, power and even has an Amazon Prime 24hr classical music channel going... on my old MacBook.

Of course Mrs Freaking White took the "downstairs bedroom" for herself and won't let anyone near...

Man, I need to focus more on work lol... but chaykins are so much fun.

Long story short, they were a little freaked out about the 110' relocation; had to close the other run and spent a good hour "guiding" them to the new condo. Question is, how long does it usually take for these goofs to pick up on the new location and retrain?

IMG_0120.jpeg IMG_0124.jpeg IMG_0123.jpeg IMG_0077.jpeg IMG_0119.jpeg IMG_0108.jpeg

Spartan22 likes this.
  2. Spartan22

Spartan22 Crowing

Sep 2, 2014
    Canton, Ohio
    Wow that’s flood alright, I would have move to Colorado. I would say a week, they should be settled.

aart and TeenageRooster's Dad like this.
  3. TeenageRooster's Dad

TeenageRooster's Dad Songster

Feb 8, 2018
    Wildomar, CA
    Yea a week or so sounds about right... they seem pretty comfy, no usual bickering... could be stress thought... we'll see... it's a sweet shed, I wouldn't mind it myself. better than the swamp coop for sure.

Colorado?

Spartan22 likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: