GCM pullet with droopy wing and odd behavior

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Minniechickmama, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    My 3+month old pullet that I hatched, has not been vaccinated, started acting weird a little over a week ago. She has always been extra friendly, and thought she was being just so when I started noticing she walks sort of hunched to one side with one wing drooping. She is a bit pale in the face, but when I hold her or try to look at her, she gets very flush.
    I had a cockerel get botulism a month or so ago, so I first thought of that. I did an epsom salt flush on her, and it didn't make a difference. I gave her some Poly-Vi-Sol and wet crumbles along with cayenne pepper. I figured if it is worms, I just read to chase them out with the pepper. She needed some feed after a couple of days of just water, and I mixed the vitamins in with her food, which she devoured. That was the first I saw her eat or drink anything since I put her in the sick cage about 5 days ago. She is eating and moving around some. She walks normal when she does walk. I just can't seem to figure out what else to do for her. None of the rest of the birds she has been in with have shown anything similar.
    Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

2. Minniechickmama

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Bump

3. Minniechickmama

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Update:
    I now see she is pooping normal after giving her the wet crumbles to wolf down. But she is still looking weird with her right wing crooked down and she stands like a hunchback but just because she is standing all crooked.
    How crazy is this?

4. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by