G'day from Inner West Sydney 'Stralia *Updated w/ Pics*

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by 12thharmonic, Nov 18, 2008.

1. 12thharmonic

12thharmonic Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2008
    Rhodes Australia
    I did it, I signed up to the forum. I've been coming to this site heaps over the past couple of months. We will in a few days adopt two laying hens. [​IMG] I have almost finished construction of our PVC trailer (More of a lawn sled). Coming up nice I think. Using a nice size second hand dog house and refurbing into a chook condo!
    Gail and I live in Western Sydney, near the Olympic Park White Elephant. [​IMG]

Great site. You gotta love the internet. Whatever the interest, music, gardening, recording, politics, and now chooks! There's a place for everything.

Photos of trailer coming soon.

One Yank, One Pom
    Together we make one Australian
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Go The Mighty Bunnies!

UPDATE!!!!!
    Picks of mostly completed Austral-American Chuck/Canestoga/PVC/Sled Wagon Chook Pen!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gail's Lillies started blooming too. First ever bulbs. She's a happy woman.!
    I will post a detailed construction entry to my blog soon.

Thanks for the gracious welcomes. I feel right at home already.
    Now we need the chooks to move in. Any day I think. [​IMG]

What remains is the nesting perch and box, ribs on the ladder, paint the house, a minor roof re engineering is needed. [​IMG] No worry though. The whole PVC frame is skinned w/ chicken wire. The roof and walls can be removed and not create an insecure pen.
    Not Bad for a novice! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2008
  2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Welcome to BYC. Enjoy your stay and your chickens. [​IMG]

3. 12thharmonic

Nov 18, 2008
    Rhodes Australia
    Here's where I got to on day one. Tomorrow will be the chook wire all round and the steel roof and walls on the house end.
    [​IMG]

4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

That is a CUTE coop!

5. WELCOME. Always wanted to see Australia, Probably have a warped view of your country esp since DH's favorite movie is Quigly(spelling) down under but welcome anyway,[​IMG] marrie

6. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice intro!

I like the coop too, it's coming along nicely. I can't wait to see it all done. I might have some supplies laying around here to do something similar.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Gday, welcome to you and your chickens. Tell us how you came up with your screen-name.

8. 12thharmonic

Nov 18, 2008
    Rhodes Australia
    Quote:12thharmonic.net is our blog (lack of posting due to other projects). The name comes from a mix of mathmatical influences. I am a musician, and an audio engineer. So harmonics apply. The 12th fret harmonic is a favorite with guitarists. My partner has a thing for astrology. Not that love sign nonsense. The more in depth observance of the sun and planets.

So harmonics all around.
    Math is the language nature uses to explain itself to us.

Clear as Mud?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
  9. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    [​IMG] can't wait to see the finished product!

10. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! Your coop reminds me of a Conestoga wagon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by