G'Day from Quakers Hill in Sydney, Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VK2HSV, Apr 2, 2016.

1. VK2HSV

VK2HSV New Egg

Apr 2, 2016
    Hi Guy's,

Thought it would be the right thing to introduce myself to the group.

The Name is Mal & I live in Quakers Hill, which is a Suburb of Western Sydney, between Parramatta & The Blue Mountains.

My Partner Kate & I have been rasing Chooks (Chickens in Aussie Lingo) for about 12 Months now, so you could say we are newbies at it.

We currently have 9 Chooks (Bantams), 1 Rooster & 8 Hens (Of Various Ages) all Bantams. Three white Frizzles, & Black Frizzle, Two Black & White Speckle, 1 White with a bit of Black one,1 Red (Orange) one & 1 Speckle Cream one. Please don't ask me what breeds the others are as I have absolutely no Bloody Idea. We just have them for the eggs when they start laying that is. The Black Frizzle is the only one at present laying eggs, we get 1 a day from her.

We let them have the run of our Backyard & they are loved & watched over by our Two Cats. they scratch around the Garden in the Backyard & help keep the bugs & spiders etc down, which is ok with me as I Bloody Hate Spiders.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are some Photo's Kate wanted me to take as she loves them like little babies.

Anyway that is enough Aussie waffle from me, as I need to get back to my other Hobby, Ham Radio, there are a couple of Stations calling CQ.

Cheers for now from Sunny Down Town Quakers Hill.

2. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] glad you have joined us.

Thanks for sharing the pics, you have a lovely flock.

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Beautiful looking chooks, thanks for sharing their pictures!

It's nice to have you here.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome Mal.

You may wish to join your country thread "Australia, 6 states and that funny little island" to get in contact with other members from Down Under.

All the best
    CT

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, hope you enjoy it as much as we do. If you would like to know what breeds you have, you can post photos with age stated, at "what breed of gender is this," so the breed experts on BYC have something to do.

6. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello Mal!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. You have lovely birds, Kate should be proud

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by