Gearing up for Christmas hatch! Who wants to join and plan with me?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vkp23, Nov 29, 2009.

1. vkp23

vkp23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    My house
    I am going to start collecting from my girls and save up to set eggs on December 6th. That would put the eggs hatching between the 24th and 26th! Who wants to add a hatch to the festivities??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    I am in..I'll put some bantam Americana egg's in my incubator.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2009
  3. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    I actually started today, as I wanted to try out my new homemadeabator. They will be my early christmas present to me if all goes well!

4. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    I just started collecting eggs and am planning on setting them Friday evening, Dec. 4...according to my calculations, they should hatch on Christmas Eve/Day (21 days). I'll be setting silkied seramas and frizzled seramas from first-time pullets, so I'm not sure what the viability rate will be, but I am excited! Count me in, if it's OK to be just a day early![​IMG]

Juliette

5. Kerjack

Kerjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I would so be in for this. But! I'm not getting my incubator till Christmas! [​IMG]

6. Overeasyplz

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    Quote:You can watch! I'll let you!

7. Kerjack

Kerjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Quote:You can watch! I'll let you!

Thank you! Your so kind. It'll just get me so excited for when I can hatch my own.

8. Overeasyplz

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    [​IMG]

Here are my early christmas hatch eggs! They are from my mixed batch of birds and black australop roo. My favorite eggs are the brown ones with white spots, not sure who does this but I love them.

9. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    I'm usually a summer hatcher but due to the recent loss of a couple of my girls I felt the need to breed to fill the void.
    I cross bred my 8 mo. BR Roo with my 8 mo. old Pearl White Leghorn. I have 13 eggs started in the bator on Nov 27th.
    Can't waiting see what color patterns we get! Looking for hatchlings around Dec. 18th! [​IMG]

10. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    i'll join. I have guinea fowl eggs in the incubator now which were suppost to hatch on th 22nd and 23rd but the power went out for a few hours so they could hatch late, on christmas and i'm going to put some sussex eggs in the incubator today so thats another hatch on the 22nd-23rd.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by