geeeeze chicken math... it never fails huh?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sixxchixx, May 10, 2011.

1. sixxchixx

sixxchixx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    so i have 5 beautiful, wonderful happy chickens that I spoil and love as if they were my children.... but here we go....
    last year i started my first chicken venture (which you can read about on my page) with 6 chickens.. one ended up being a rooster we named Hathor, but we couldnt keep him. he was a huge, beautiful EE rooster and he was LOUD! my neighbors complained so we adopted him out to a nice family starting a farm nearby. she made a flippant comment about how she promised me that she would give me a few of his baby chicks once he mated... i didnt think anything of it untill yesterday she emailed me and said they just hatched a clutch of Hathor babies!!

soooooo lookey here! new babies for me to love.

Im a little nervous to raise more and introduce them to my existing 5 but what that heck... everyone else is doing it....
    so if Im really going to do this I want a crested or frizzle (because they are so darn silly looking!) anyone know about a breeder in the San Diego area who can fulfill my chicken fantasy?? I might just get a naked neck too!!!

I AM SOOO EXCITED!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. PrettyDozen

PrettyDozen Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2010
    Tennessee
    I live nowhere near you, but YAY! Baby chicks are too cute! I LOVE naked necks, I have three and they have such wonderful personalities. I'd recommend them to anyone.

3. If the Goose Fits

If the Goose Fits Out Of The Brooder

Apr 9, 2011
    Northern Idaho
    Oh yay for baby chickies! I have both a frizzle and a crested and they are so much fun! You should do it! Let the chicken addiction sweep over you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by