Geese down south

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Chicken225, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Chicken225

Chicken225 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Im in search of goose gees for hatching such as sebastopol. I have been looking everywere for them I even tried to order some at hatcheries and they have waiting list all the way until July! Omg![​IMG] Its warm here down south and some geese are already starting to lay. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Our Africans are laying strong already but that is it, the others are may have laid an early egg, but mating is just starting to gear up. You will want to get on a waiting list for 2012 hatchlings now in hopes of receiving goslings this year.

Shellie

3. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Some of my Sebastopols are laying and I have one egg due to hatch any day now. I had a bunch of them that were infertile. Now we're getting mostly fertile eggs from the one trio I just got.

My main flock hasn't started to lay yet. Hopefully with the cold front that just moved in down south it will trigger them into laying.

Laurie

4. Chicken225

Chicken225 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Are you or will you be selling any eggs?

5. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I'm going to be selling some eggs. As soon as my main flock (a flock of 14) begin to lay. Last year they laid 150 eggs and we hatched out 100 goslings. I'm not going to be hatching out that many goslings this year because I'm going to be having surgery next month and I'll be unable to take care of goslings for a few months.

Laurie

6. gmolly

gmolly Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2012
    powell wyoming
    THEY LAYING YET?

7. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Ours are laying, we just sent 2 eggs this week to someone.

8. littledear

littledear Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2012
    Cabot, Arkansas
    Mine are laying and I am in Arkansas. I have a mix of Troulouse and brown Chinese so they are not pure breed lines. I have nine in my first incubator (out of 11) that are developing and I am getting ready to put eight more in a second incubator today. I have never tried selling them or shipping them but I am willing to try if you would like some of my eggs.

Littledear

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by