Geese down south

Chicken225

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 7, 2011
Baton Rouge
Im in search of goose gees for hatching such as sebastopol. I have been looking everywere for them I even tried to order some at hatcheries and they have waiting list all the way until July! Omg!
barnie.gif
Its warm here down south and some geese are already starting to lay. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Our Africans are laying strong already but that is it, the others are may have laid an early egg, but mating is just starting to gear up. You will want to get on a waiting list for 2012 hatchlings now in hopes of receiving goslings this year.

Shellie

Some of my Sebastopols are laying and I have one egg due to hatch any day now. I had a bunch of them that were infertile. Now we're getting mostly fertile eggs from the one trio I just got.

My main flock hasn't started to lay yet. Hopefully with the cold front that just moved in down south it will trigger them into laying.

Laurie

I'm going to be selling some eggs. As soon as my main flock (a flock of 14) begin to lay. Last year they laid 150 eggs and we hatched out 100 goslings. I'm not going to be hatching out that many goslings this year because I'm going to be having surgery next month and I'll be unable to take care of goslings for a few months.

Laurie

Mine are laying and I am in Arkansas. I have a mix of Troulouse and brown Chinese so they are not pure breed lines. I have nine in my first incubator (out of 11) that are developing and I am getting ready to put eight more in a second incubator today. I have never tried selling them or shipping them but I am willing to try if you would like some of my eggs.

Littledear

Back
Top Bottom