geese eggs

sunturtle

Chirping
11 Years
Mar 25, 2012
my goose laid its first egg today. i have a new incubator. and 6 duck eggs, can i put them all into the incubator? should iwait to see if i will find more?,

I would wait until you have more, because then there will be more baby geese the same age, duck eggs will hatch sooner that the goose eggs, i had my first egg today too, im going to wait until i have about 6 goose eggs! hope that is helpful :)

do i have to have the egg any special way while i am waiting for more? and what about the turning of the egg, do u turn it around, or back and forth? sorry for the dumb questions

you turn it twice a day morning and night put an x on one side and an o on the other and the easiest way is x in the morning and o at night, once in the incubator turn them like this, some incubators turn them selves and you may need to spray the duck and geese eggs with water if it doesnt do that for you. it is also good to let the egg cool for 10 or 20 mins durning the day like the goose/ duck would.

does it matter how the egg lays while i wait for more? turn then side to side or round and round?

just leave the egg on its side and turn it 180' i dont think it matters much but i know once they are being incubated you will need to turn them as above. good luck i still have 1 egg :( hoping for more soon!

Read the sticky at the top of the goose area here titled hatching guide. It will answer all your questions.

Store in a safe cool place until set. Lay on its side turn 180 an odd number of times each day including when in the incubator. you shoud find a goose about every other day. Collect 4-6 and set them together. We collect a set eggs every 3-4 days here and have an average of 50 goose eggs at any one time in various stages of incubation.

No incubator will mist eggs so this is something you do by hand once they have been in the incubator for 1 week.

Good luck with your eggs and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom