Geese in central fl?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by calmwinds, Feb 12, 2013.

1. calmwinds

calmwinds Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2013
    Florida
    I have buff geese in the incabator and hopefully a couple more weeks will have some goslings. They were shipped very well and hoping for the best. I know goose eggs do not ship well as I am told. I am looking for buff or a very calm small -med pair of goslings of which are well bred. would like them as young as possible since that is how I had my best luck with my ducks. Anyone one in central fla raising geese. I am willing to travel to pick them up. Thank you

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I am not fully understanding your post. You have eggs in the incubator for geese now yes? You should wait and see what you hatch before looking for live goslings if you are only looking for 2 total. What day are they on, and how many are developing?

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    There is Dbl R discount Supply in Melbourne. Call or email them to see when they get theirs or if they breed themself and if you can pick up.

4. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    double r orders from hatcheries they do not breed anything

5. calmwinds

Feb 10, 2013
    Florida
    Am on day 18 but do not believe they are going to hatch despite candling. Turned 5x day steady temp water filled when needed sprinkled daily and cooled daily as I have read to do. I am looking if they do not hatch.

6. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] can't see any life moving around inside?

7. calmwinds

Feb 10, 2013
    Florida
    No. Been looking but I see none

8. Going Bhonkers

Going Bhonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2012
    SW Florida
    Good luck!!

9. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    You said you are on day 18 right?

Take the eggs out of the incubator and into a closet. Shut the door and place the flash light flush to the fat end of the egg. This is light up the inside the egg the best for you to see inside.

I have eggs on day 22 and day 11 and day 5 I can take a picture of for you to compare to.

10. calmwinds

Feb 10, 2013
    Florida
    I have been candling but to me the yoke is just a small bit larger when I put them in the inbucator. The air cell seems right as per pictures I've seen but the egg is not filling up as per pictures. When I candle them the yoke is on top and below is its clear. The yolk is about 1/2 size of the egg. These eggs were lauef and shipped the same week so they were fresh. I've been looking at Metzer Farms candling pictures to compare. I have not given up but doubtful. I have been very dedicated to these eggs and my ducks. No kids just my ducks and husband so my critters are my kids. I'm sure am trying

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by