Geese in my bathtub!! *Updated pics of BIG Chinese White babies!!*

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Sparrow, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I just thought I would show you guys my White Chinese goslings that I brought home yesterday. They are happily living in my huge antique bathtub that no one has used for years. They are huge, standing just under 2 feet tall at only just over a week old! They are very sweet,, too, coming over to me and putting their bills right in front of my face when I am talking to them like they are listening intently to what I'm saying.

They are the brightest yellow in person, they look paler in the photo because of the heat l amp. Since they are Chinese, and I speak Mandarin Chinese, they are getting Chinese names. The smaller guy is named "Tan-tan" which means "to chit-chat" because he is always chattering at me. The big guy is going to be named for his sweet per sonality, but I have to decide on a name still.

[​IMG]

I plan on letting my ducklings(also about a week old but much smaller) play with my goslings every day for a while, under my supervision. They seem to get along and enjoy snuggling together. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    What cute little ones. I love the name you chose for Tan-tan. How big will they get?

3. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

CUTE:D

4. DuckyBoys

DuckyBoys Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Colorado
    Oh they are adorable! And BIG! My buff geese are about that size but they are over 3 weeks now.

5. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Im so jealous! I had a pair of White Chinese that I raised from Goslings and they were the coolest birds I've ever owned, besides my turkeys. The gander was a meany when the goose was broody though! Do they follow you around when you let them down?? I loved it when mine did that.

6. 12 Acres

12 Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Oak Harbor, OH
    Very cute! I want to hug them. And let me add that I'm most impressed that you speak Mandarin Chinese! From what I've read about this breed, you won't need a guard dog! [​IMG]

7. johnmayersquare

johnmayersquare Let's Talk About Chicks, Man!

Nov 17, 2007
    Port Orchard, WA
    They are just beautiful! [​IMG]

8. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    They're cute. I can't wait till I get a pair of call ducks so I can get some ducklings.

9. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    I want geese now!!!

10. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Oh thanks!! I'm going to take some more pics of them tonight when they are playing on the floor.

They're getting so much more friendly really quickly. They follow me around when I'm cleaning their house and talk to m e when I talk to them. They're adorable, these huge yellow fuzzy things waddling around behind me peeping and honking. [​IMG]

I wonder why they are so big at such a young age?. [​IMG] I know it's hard to get a good idea of their size in the picture, but when they stand up to look at me over the edge of the bathtub, the big guy's face is almost completely level with the top of the tub wall. The tub is an old tub and a bit deeper than than the ones we use today. Does anybody know if this is average size for just about a week old babies?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by