Geese Killed by fox

Discussion in 'Geese' started by coopaloop, Jun 9, 2010.

1. coopaloop

coopaloop Out Of The Brooder

Dec 18, 2009
    Grand Lake
    Last night a fox managed to get in the coop and killed over 20 chickens and my pair of one month old buff geese. It was sad to see the chickens killed but really sad to see the geese. The geese were more like pets and my favorite thing to watch after work was them playing around eating grass and swimming and tripping over lumps of dirt. And that shiver they do when they flap there arms and wiggle there butts. They were the best. I would really like to get another pair but everywhere is sold out for the year. I got them from Metzer and they had excellent service. Does anyone know where I may be able to get a pair of buff geese? And for the record my new coop should be move in ready in a few days and it is bomb proof so nothing will be getting in.

2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    I am SO sorry! [​IMG] I would buy from Metzer Farms in spring, or if you wan't them sooner, buy mature geese from someone near were u live. [​IMG] Good luck, and I am very sorry. [​IMG]

3. jojo@rolling acres farm

[email protected] acres farm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2009
    Nebraska
    Sorry to hear your bad news. I would be heart broken, too. I have ordered from Metzer Farms and I think they are really great at their craft...good birds and awesome customer service. I hope you find a pair of yougsters or adults soon.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It would help if we knew where you were located, but I saw a listing for buff goslings in the Other Poultry auction forum.

5. AuroraSprings

AuroraSprings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm not sure where you are located, but we have an American Lavender goslings available. Pics on website.

6. coopaloop

Dec 18, 2009
    Grand Lake
    I am located in Grand Lake Colorado. Its about 2 hours northwest from Denver.

7. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I can send you a couple eggs if you have a bator. They could be buffs or saddlebacks. They both lay in the same spot.

8. harleyjo

harleyjo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2010
    SW Iowa
    I am sorry to hear about your loss. You live out in God's country. I love Colorado. I have visited the Grand Lake/Granby area many times. Love it out there!

9. coopaloop

Dec 18, 2009
    Grand Lake
    Thanks PeepsInc but all I have is a Little Giant and I get really bad hatch rates so nothing would probably hatch.

10. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Metzers has a few other breeds available, africans, chinese (brown and white) and embdens left with a few dates open. I know its not the same, but might get you through until spring when you can get more buffs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by