Geese not laying eggs

Poulty Lover

In the Brooder
May 3, 2020
I have 3 geese. A goose and gander that are 2 year old white Chinese and a 1 year old brown Chinese goose. Neither of my geese are laying yet. My white goose started laying very early in the spring last year, but I haven't gotten a single egg yet this year. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but is there something I could change or something I'm doing wrong that she's not laying yet? I understand my brown one because she just hit a year old and may not be mature enough yet. Thanks for any responses!

I have 3 geese. A goose and gander that are 2 year old white Chinese and a 1 year old brown Chinese goose. Neither of my geese are laying yet. My white goose started laying very early in the spring last year, but I haven't gotten a single egg yet this year. Maybe I'm just being impatient, but is there something I could change or something I'm doing wrong that she's not laying yet? I understand my brown one because she just hit a year old and may not be mature enough yet. Thanks for any responses!
Is there any chance they could be laying, but hiding a nest somewhere?😉

My goose had a very changing laying schedule, and was hardly ever on time. Maybe feed, maybe weather. I sold her after about two years of incessant honking on her part. :barnie

Is there any chance they could be laying, but hiding a nest somewhere?😉
It's not impossible, but they're in my backyard and I've looked all over. Also, last year when Lucy (my white goose) started making a nest Linus (my gander) wouldn't leave the nest's side. It was really cute how protective of Lucy's eggs he was, but it got to the point that I had to put food and water by him so he'd eat.

Back
Top Bottom