geese or ducks burying thier eggs

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by mdlopez, Sep 26, 2008.

1. mdlopez

mdlopez New Egg

Sep 26, 2008
    Hello all,

I am new to this site but really hope you all can help. I have aflac type ducks sorry I don't know thier breed and geese living together. I don't know which ones are laying eggs but they are driving me crazy cause they are burying thier eggs. I want them to hatch the eggs, we did put some under a chicken but they have't hatched yet.

have you ever heard of ducks or geese burying thier eggs?

2. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    My geese always hide their eggs by burying them, but they are always in the same spot.....................

3. mdlopez

mdlopez New Egg

Sep 26, 2008
    thank you so much i am relieved to see i don't have crazy geese. they do always lay in the same spot.

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Yes they cover their eggs to hide them,untill they are ready to set.

5. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    most likely duck eggs if you were able to put a few under a hen, geese eggs are huge, aflac ducks are called white pekins and they are not good setters so if u really want babies u should incubate yourself, but iv'e had pekins hatch eggs so maybe give it a try, good luck

6. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    My ducks bury their eggs in the straw. It's always a hunt to find them. [​IMG] But it's like hunting for buried treasure. [​IMG]

7. mdlopez

mdlopez New Egg

Sep 26, 2008
    thank you all for your wonderful replies this really helps I always had chickens so ducks and geese are new to me and i really appreciate your imput.

8. mdlopez

mdlopez New Egg

Sep 26, 2008
    I finally found out it was my duck's eggs. She just started sitting on them.......thank you all for your help.....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by